Adding Web Push Notifications to WordPress is a Snap
In this guide, we will show you step-by-step on how to add the Prompty plugin to your WordPress site using the Prompty plugins page.
Step 1 Go to the Plugins Page
Step 2 Add a new plugin
Step 3 Search for the Prompty plugin in the “Add Plugins” page.
Step 4 Install and Activate
Don’t forget to activate Prompty after hitting the “Install” button!
Step 5 – Find Prompty under Settings > Prompty
“Areas Enabled” are the different pages you want the Prompty Opt-in prompt to appear. The different areas of the site are:
- Home Page – Opt-In prompt will show on the homepage.
- Blog Page – The page that lists all your posts
- Content Pages – It will show on all your WordPress pages.
- Posts – Opt-in prompt will show on all your blog posts.
Other “Areas Enabled” that can show Prompty’s push notifications are:
- Custom Post Types – Content other than regular pages & posts that you have customized for your site.
- Category Archives – Content that is categorized.
- Tag Archives – Content that is tagged.
- Other Taxonomies – Comparable to categories or tags, but custom.
- Author Archives – Content that is archived by the author.
- Date-Based Archives – Content that is archived by the date created.
- Other Archive Pages – Another type of archive page other than those listed. This is also custom.
- Search Result Pages – Are pages that display when a user searches a given word or phrase.
- 404 Page – A page where the content is unavailable or has bee since removed.
Step 6 Save
Be sure to save your changes before you leave the page!
Prompty’s new plugin has made it easier than ever for WordPress users to add Prompty to their site. The plugins simplify the onboarding process by downloading the Prompty file and adding script tags to different content pages automatically making adding web push notifications to your WordPress blog easy.
For more information about onboarding the Prompty plugin, visit: 3 Reasons to Use Prompty’s WordPress Plugin
Prompty WordPress Plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/prompty-web-push-notifications/